Oklahoma CPA Exam Requirements
|Hours Required for Exam: 120 semester hours
||Residency Requirements: must be a resident immediately prior to filing application
|Requirements for Licensure: Successfully pass the Uniform CPA Exam 1800 hours/1 year of work experience – experience must have been earning within 4 years of signing and dating the experience form. Accounting experience can be
in Public Accounting, Government, Industry or Academia.
||Minimum Age: None
|Degree Required: Bachelor's
||Application Fee: $100 for first-time exam applicants and $50 for re-examination applicants. $100 for CPA license applicants.
|Additional Requirements: At least 76 credit hours should be upper division courses 9 upper division credits in business A minimum of one auditing course 30 semester hours of accounting coursework above the introductory level
||Additional Notes: In order to be eligible for a CPA license, candidates must complete one year of service (1,500 hours) working in an office of a certified public accountant or public accountant.
Application and testing process:
- An application and initial fee must be submitted to the state board of accountancy before a test can be scheduled.
- Official copies of all transcripts are needed to complete the application process.
- A “Notice to Schedule” will arrive in the mail 4 to 8 weeks after the application has been submitted.
- Tests are administered at specific Prometrics testing centers only.
- The first test can be scheduled within six months of an accepted application.
- Applicants have a total of 18 months to take the whole series of exams; scheduling a few months in advance is strongly recommended.
- Each exam is assigned a specific testing window.
- Students that don’t receive a passing grade the first time must retake the exam when the testing window opens again.
On the day of exam students need to bring:
- NTS form and photo ID
- Photo ID and information on it must match the NTS form exactly or student will not be allowed to take the exam.
- No refunds are granted for improper ID.
Before Scheduing your exam(s), prepare with:
- Students can generally obtain scores at the end of the first month of a testing window and then every two weeks after that date.
Preparing to sit for the uniform CPA exam requires a great deal of hard work and determination. Sustaining the momentum needed to complete all parts of the exam successfully within the allotted timeframe takes strong self-discipline and a solid game plan.
Many students network with peers during this time, becoming active in a local chapter of a professional association. Working with a mentor who has been through the process is also helpful. Another strong strategy tip is to enroll in a proven
online CPA review course. While the online scheduling makes the course flexible, the structure keeps students on track. For more information about enrolling in a powerful online review course, visit: https://www.cpaexam.com
Also see http://www.ok.gov/oab_web/Examination/index.html
for more information and viewing the most up to date requirements for the CPA exam process in Oklahoma.